2007 Tokyo Concours d'Elegance ®
Storm and Stress
The automobile industry in the l930s shared many characteristics with "Storm and Stress", the late 18th century German literature movement. This was the time for distinctive individuality and extreme emotions to be freely explored. Most of the core engineering technology used today emerged one after another in the 1930s and 40c. People were particularly obsessed with speed and making multi-cylinder engines with superchargers as standard equipment. This obsession was also pursued in the area of design as demonstrated in the worldwide popularity of streamline-shaped vehicles.
Please update your Flash Player Plugin. You'll need to install the version 9.0.28 or later.
* B1） 1934 ： Alvis Speed 20SC D.H.C by Charlesworth
* B2） 1934 ： Jaguar SSI Four Light Saloon
* B3） 1935 ： Bentley 3 1/2Litre Close-Coupled Saloon by Barker
* B4） 1936 ： Bugatti Type 57 "Ventoux"
* B5） 1936 ： MG PB Midget Airline Coupe
* B6） 1937 ： Jaguar SS100
* B7） 1938 ： Mercedes-Benz 540K Cabriolet-C